#2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-12, 07:24

Plan: Non Specific - Just LC
Stats: 188/163/130 Female 5'4"
BF:46.65%/37.7%/23%
Progress: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCcaree
Now, like I said, we have a newborn, that doesn't sleep through the night yet, so we are horribly, horribly sleep deprived and the amount of sleep we do actually get varies greatly from night to night.

IMHO, never, ever, put something off until babies start to sleep. I have 3 daughters and if I had waited to lose weight for my youngest to sleep through the night, I'd still be fat and waiting after 6 1/2 years. She doesn't actually wake us up anymore, she just gets up grabs some new toys to cuddle with and sneaks into bed with us.

All babies are different. Some sleep through the night earlier than others, some will only wake up once, some will wake up and cry, some will wake up and play quietly then go back to sleep... This goes for naps too. Some will give up naps earlier, some will need frequent naps throughout the day, some will only need one big nap...

Besides, it's never too early to start a healthy lifestyle. Take a good look at everything you are eating and drinking, try eliminating anything questionable and in the end if you are doing everything right then just give your body time. There is much more at play during weight loss than just food. Sleep, stress and hormones can all wreak havoc. A new baby causes huge problems with sleep, stress and hormones. It can take a very, very, very long time for hormones to get back to normal.

If you continue to eat properly then eventually when your body is ready it will start shedding the pounds. If you adopt LC eating for life then your baby will pick up on healthy eating habits and have a wonderful start in life.

There is a parenting section you can use for more info, help and support.

Good luck and try to enjoy being a healthy mom!