View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-12, 21:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress:
Default worried about new first impressions

I'm about to start some new things in my life, new job in a new area after feeling stuck for a while.

I'm feeling excruciatingly self-conscious about meeting new people and having them judge me as overweight.

Even though this has been a very stressful time, and I did have some carb cravings, I did not give in and have been very conscientious LC and making sure I have good-quality foods even though watching my budget.

But after several years of doing this I just haven't been able to get to the other side where I'm not overweight. I follow a plan carefully, made so many changes, but it's a tough world and other people only see an "obese" person.

There will be a flurry of new people and I know that I'll have to overcome the hurdle of being judged as an overweight person. I know it's better to try not to care, but first impressions ARE important and people ARE judgmental. I don't know what the answer is, I guess I just have to let go of feeling tormented about it and do my best to make a good impression anyway.

Anyone else feel more worried about being overweight when entering a new arena?

And is it just me, or does it seem that people are getting even more judgmental about people being overweight/obese? Like obesity etc. in the news and on tv all the time is giving people more reason to judge others.
Sponsored Links