View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-12, 08:08

Plan: Atkins, hCG Diet
Stats: 168/120/120 Female 64 inches
BF:30%/25%/23%
Progress: 100%

Yeah - glad to hear you are still on your LC journey. I re-read this post again and each time new thoughts come to me. It is so sad to read about the inner battle with addiction (any addiction is just awful to get through). I feel for my fellow LC'ers as we all make our way through this conundrum of food and eating. It has been a constant topic on my mind the last 10 years as I have battled weight issues thus body issues. Speaking from personal experience the negative thinking can be all consuming, which is not much of a life. I have finally gotten down to 139 (on my way to 130) and I can honestly say that I feel much better in my skin but that I am still working on being aware of my tendency to be a critic and if I don't tackle that I won't ever be happy at any weight because that critical eye will just switch focus to something else (e.g. saggy skin, cellulite, wrinkles, grey hair, you name it!) There is that expression "where ever you go there you are" and that comes to mind a lot when I contemplate this weight loss journey. Another is "you will never get enough of what you do not need" because it simply won't satisfy in any amount (like empty calories for the soul).

It is a long road and there really is no destination except one of self discovery and we are always growing so always new inner territory to explore. Loving support is essential (family, friends, professionals) as we all need to feel understood and accepted as we are right now. I don't always fully appreciate my circle of support but just writing this makes me want to tell those around me that I love them and am so glad they are in my life.

Hope everyone is having a "good" day. Keep your head up Mainecyn! We are all routing for you to find that inner peace that is already inside you!