#8   ^
Old Wed, Dec-14-11, 12:41

Plan: none
Stats: 120/160/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicachyna
Liz: Just want to tell you my experience. 2 yrs ago I was diagnosed insulin resistant. Doc sent me to a dietician, who told me to eat 150 g of carbs a day. I was eating whole wheat, brown rice, quinoa, barley...and thinking I was doing myself a favor. Very low fat. And I gained 20 pounds in those 2 years. I started low carb this Oct. and have dropped 15 lbs. But it's my energy level that has me amazed! I am no longer dead tired! In fact, I used to love my afternoon nap, but now I can't fall asleep during the day. Try eliminationg all grains and starchy vegs for a couple weeks. And enjoy your steak, bacon, avocados! Do read Why We Get FAt and What we can do about it by Gary Taubes. And refer to this web site often! Good Luck!

Thank you!!! I will look into the insulin resistance. I will also try to cut out more carbs, although I'm still confused as to why I have had such a huge change in the last year. I teach ballroom dancing and this weight gain has been devastating for me. I have always watched my weight and know how to keep myself at a certain weight, so that's not new to me. What has got me confused is why I am doing the excact same things as before but staying heavy.