#4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-11, 03:48

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by faduckeggs
I cleaned out my closet. I boxed and bagged every single item that doesn't fit -- even things just one size too large. I found a charity looking for women's professional clothing, and I have all the bags and boxed in my car. I have full professional wardrobes sizes 18, 16, 14, 12 and 10 that I am giving away. Plus, I'm getting rid of the oversized weekend clothes, too. I have 14 banker's boxes of things I am getting rid of.

I have been holding on to them for over two years, afraid that I would end up gaining it all back, again. Again. I did regain a lot of what I lost at least once and had to rebuy clothes once.

I really believe I am going to keep the weight off, and maybe even shrink a bit more, as I continue with the exercise. I'm ready to let go of my fat clothes safety net.
Good for you!

I did exactly the same thing myself when I got to goal. There were some items that I found very hard to throw away, but I steeled myself, and out they went.

A lot went to charity shops, but I also sold quite a few things on eBay. With the proceeds I bought a fabulous suede jacket, that I'd had my eye on for ages, and which I still love and wear. The rest I used towards some new clothes and I also went along to Rigby & Peller for a proper bra fitting.

I did keep one pair of trousers from when I was at my heaviest (UK18/US14) and they still hang in my wardrobe as a reminder never to get to that size again!