#14   ^
Old Sun, May-29-11, 17:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 135/122/110 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweny70
First of all congrats on your 10k!! That's awesome!! That is my next goal. I feel your frustration on what to do about a good carb source for running longer distances/times... I've done two 5k's in last couple months and now want to do a 10K and then a 1/2 marathon (eventually) and I know that I would need more energy then I what I get from veggies and fruit to maintain my energy for those kind of distances esp because I'm a SLOW runner..BUT yet I want to keep loosing weight and don't seem to loose if I raise my carbs much above induction levels..sigh...I guess it might just be a choice between increasing carbs a little and maintaining weight so I can train and run the races OR induction level carbs and loosing weight and just being ok with 5k's for now...decisions, decisons..

Congrats again on your race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You! I wonder if we can lose weight while may eating carbs ONLY on days we intend to run a really great distance. Apparently this should be 3 times a week. So I wonder if we can have a high carb snack prior to that. I will try that for my next race coming up mid june and see what happens. Thank u again and good luck with ur training!