View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, May-06-11, 15:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/186/148 Female 164 cm
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Eating Less Carbs This Week

I am 36 weeks pregnant, and decided that I wanted to stop eating quite as much in the carb category.

Both my husband and I lowered our sugary/grain carbohydrate intake and I ate basically more veggies/fruits. (No fruits were off limits)

So, after four days of eating meats, fruits, veggies, cheese, etc. I went to my weekly doctor appointment today. We are weighed at every appointment, and today I was down four pounds. I know I should not be worried by this because I am eating more than enough food, but, the nurse made me get back on the scale because she thought maybe she made a mistake.

At this point in my pregnancy, and just basically eating whatever I wanted, I gained about 40 pounds. I know typically they tell us we should gain about 25-35 pounds in total, and I wasn't overly concerned with the 40, but I figured eating better was not going to hurt.

So, now I stand at a 36 pound weight gain, and intend to continue this WOE for the remainder of my pregnancy. I really did not determine my maximum carb intake while on program, but have kept myself at about 75 every day this week (I did eat some cereal and milk as well)

Anyway, just wanted to comment on just how much carbs are affecting us, even in pregnancy. I also had an ultrasound this week that determined my baby, who had been measuring two weeks behind for a while now has completely caught up and surpassed where she should be.
Sponsored Links