View Single Post
  #185   ^
Old Sun, Apr-24-11, 09:55
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

This is very useful for me - so glad it was posted here. It's true that a change in one's lifestyle can rock the boat a wee bit. I also experienced some 'creep-age' during 2010 and into part of 2011 due to some significant changes in our lives. Finally got back on track in the past few weeks, but spent most of the last year and a bit battling that creep-age over and over again, and not really getting anywhere. Truth is, I was snacking too much on things like nuts, trail mix and gluten-free crackers. Just 'stress eating' mainly.

Eating well during the day really, really helps in terms of not getting into snacking in the evening, but like I said - lifestyle changes had me floundering a wee bit in terms of breakfasts and lunches. I was on my own, and not as inclined to bother making proper meals. This led to a "hungry at the wrong place and time" issue, hence snacking in the evenings.

Also - it's very helpful for me to notice how important it is for us to have support through maintenance. There are a lot of people around these forums who really do get it, and it's helping me a whole lot. Aside from my husband, I don't really have a lot of support or understanding re: maintenance and the need to keep on plan, irl. It's almost as if other family members seem to think I can just quit worrying about it. Not true!

My husband gets it, and so does everyone around here. Others - not so much. In fact, sometimes it almost seems like there's pressure to "just go ahead" and eat off plan.

Thanks for posting this blog post which articulates the importance of support and explains how 'something or someone can get in the way of maintenance, if you let them.'