#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-03-11, 18:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/162/130 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Feeding Toddlers?

Hello,

I'm new here and curious how other LC'ers feed their wee ones. I've only recently been cutting carbs so I haven't really thought about it. My daughter is 3 years old, 37" and 32 lbs, well within the healthy range.

So here's the thing. We've never done baby food. Our daughter has always eaten what we prepared for ourselves for meals. In addition, I've never forced her to eat her food. She does get dessert and classic junk foods like chips occasionally but I rarely buy them so its usually when we are at other people's houses or Daddy has requested them.

She never got into cheerios or crackers like other kids. She has never liked sandwiches...she always pulls them apart and eats the innards. I have always given her full fat milk despite being told I could reduce her milk to 2%. Her favorite food items currently are meat (she likes pretty much all kinds, heh and she calls it that too), broccoli, salad (recently), mushrooms, rice and beans, hard boiled eggs, berries, greek yogurt, cream top yogurt, carrots, hummus, and apples.

Its a mix of some high carb and some low, but I do feel that overall she eats fairly well for a toddler. She actually prefers real chicken over chicken nuggets! Yay! : ) Since she eats whatever I prepare for myself...she has been eating relatively low carb for the last week. However, I'm on induction right now and I have no idea whether I should be more mindful of her carb intake.

So far I have been serving her veggies and fruit with most of her meals. Should that suffice? Should I add in brown rice? Yogurt?

I'm not especially worried as she is definitely not withering away and while I have lost weight in the last week, I am pretty sure she hasn't. But I am curious what other parents of toddlers feed their kids.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links