View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 09:59

Plan: Sugar Busters (former atkid)
Stats: 285+/255.5/180?
BF:
Progress:
Question Another Atkid Crosses over!

I am new to sugar busters but NOT lowcarbing. I have been an atkid for about 4 years maintaining a 40 lbs loss and havea lot further to go. I switched off tho because if I ate one more hunk of cream cheese or fatty chicken.. Id die :P I needed more a balanced approach. Man.. I was so happy this morning .. I had OATMEAL!!! And the other night I had a small (1/2 cup) of cous cous with my dinner.. it was like I was cheating.

The questions I have on sugar busters are

#1. How are you "counting" the splenda sweetened cranberry blends? 10 calories per serving sweetened with splenda. Is it a fruit?

#2 What "bars" are good ones to eat? I dont mean the carbolite candy - I know myself well enought o know i need to stay the hell away from sugar alcohols. What do you think about Luna bars? They average 22 carbs or so each but they have no glycerin (common staller) or the sugar alcohols.

#3 If I am eating about 1800 calories per day (current weight of about 257) .. is this ok? I figured out my BMR and its well over 3000 calories per day. If I ate that, how would my portions break down - as in fruits, grains, meats, dairy?

I know sugar busters isnt a calorie diet persay, its about wise choices, portion control and balance while cutting out refined sugars.. Im not new to that because of atkins.

Any help is appreciated. I need to get my but in gear and post on the other forums and share some of my recipes

Thanks so much

Michelle