Old Mon, Oct-04-10, 08:30
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty47200
I am re-starting South Beach again. Although I was successful with Atkins in the past but I have been steadily gaining weight partially due to menopause. Even though I have not changed my eating or exercise I have continued to gain weight even though I have been sticking fairly close to Atkins. So, I am going to try something new. I tried SB about a year ago without much success, but am ready to try again. I started phase I six days ago and though I have not lost any weight yet, but I am going to stick with it. I posted under the buddy section and I am hoping to find someone who is going through the same thing who would like some mutual support. I am going to visit these boards everyday again, hopefully they will keep me motivated.

Hi and Welcome Back!

I am also now in menopause and I hear you on the slow weight gqain. I fight it daily and so far, I'm winning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty
I have continued to gain weight even though I have been sticking fairly close to Atkins

When you say fairly close, what exactly does this mean to you?
I can tell you that I had to totally change my way of eating permanently, to keep off the 120 lbs that I lost 5 yrs ago.
Would you be willing to journal your food daily into your journal here? I'll be able to give you feedback if you do.

Yes, coming to the boards daily and reading helps keep us into it. I made a promise to myself that I'd log my food daily into my journal and that did help me a whole lot. It was my accountability.

Keep coming back!!