View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-04-10, 14:33

Plan: Less meat, more veg LC
Stats: 252/217/180 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 49%

She won't drink water and we've had some issues with illness and dehydration.

It's only 2oz and diluted with 6oz water--well below the 4oz limit the AAP suggests.

Compared to what other kids are eating (Trix, goldfish, lunchables etc...) I think 2oz of juice is okay.

I am not thrilled with giving her any bread, but I don't want to not ever give her carbs either and we are in that stage where it's hard to find things she'll eat. She's not me, she doesn't have to be super strict lc.

Maybe LC kids chunk up more? I don't know! It's hard to be in this situation because science not only knows nothing about obesity especially in young kids, they try to ignore what they should know about LC.

I do know I was chunky up through the age of 18, but never more than 15-20 lbs total, which could have been easily dealt with. Except my family, took my natural large size (5'10") and amplified those 20lbs until I felt like I was 300lbs overweight and made it much worse than it had to be, kwim? So if she's like me, we just have to wait it out until she's done growing and she can decide what she wants to do about it.

Who knows? Maybe the pt will be the key. Maybe she hasn't really been able to use her body fully b/c of the weakness and hasn't been burning the calories off. When we take her to the playground, she just looks at us and stands there unless we take her by the hand and show her how to climb and navigate the equipment. That seems a little off to me given her age--she should be more naturally active.

F