Old Wed, Mar-10-10, 01:38
Registered Member

Plan: High Fat Low Carb
Stats: 180/160/160 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusrose
I don't know about a re-feed, since there is basically no nutritional value in beer... But I have had a decadent dessert in that same non-nutritional category maybe once in 8 weeks since I have started LC and it has not seemed to stall me. I will say I enjoy a pretty much nightly glass of wine with minimal slowdowns. Hmmm, fortnightly binge... I would think may cause a slow down if it is a really crazy over the top binge? Not sure--what if you make that most of your carbs for a carb up that day? I totally get wanting to celebrate with friends. Perhaps if you incorporated this into your routine, it would help you to stay on track the rest of the time? If it doesn't work for you, you can always cut back on the extent of your binge.

I am tweaking my routine to see what works best, too. If you are in no hurry, why not try it if you don't think it will send you over the carb edge for more than just that day? I decided to lower my low carb day limit because of a vacation quickly approaching and that is helping my weight loss, but I still have my wine in the evening.

So don't know, give it a whirl and see how it works for you. Keep us posted, okay? Curious....

Thanks for your great advice. I thought the idea of carb cycling is simply to increase carb level suddenly for the many benefits already listed, and i can't think of anything more carbilicious as beer LOL

Best friend coming over from Australia next Monday, we're going to have a beer day. Will keep u posted on what's happening.

Cheers