Old Wed, Mar-03-10, 18:00
Independent Thinker

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 198/186/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seejay
I happily boycott WF. How incredibly offensive to turn grocery shopping into a consumer destination experience in the first place.

I consider everyone who buys there, a bad guy in the battle between the haves and the have-nots.

Do you seriously think WalMart, Aldi, Costco, or Kroger are any better? Look at the junk they sell and push as healthy. They have an agenda, too: Keep those subsidized grains moving out of the store. Since their prices are lower than WF, they can market more "healthy" junk to poor people and struggling working-class families. WF can market their pricey food/agenda to others. It's all the same game. Retail is about marketing for profit, whether it's shoes or grapes, no retail business is immune, or they cease to exist.

Our own US government and 99% of the medical industry has a huge agenda and is pushing a near vegetarian/lowfat diet on us.

Short of growing my own veggies and raising livestock, I don't have very many choices if I want to stay healthy. I shop mostly at Farmer's Markets. But I also have to shop at WF, because my WF has grass fed meat and wild fish, unlike most supermarkets around here. We've made many many sacrifices in order to be able to buy healthy food. WF isn't perfect by a long shot. But they aren't any worse than all the others. It's all a racket.