Plan: Zone
Stats: 151/129/128 Female 5'4"
BF:17.5%
Progress: 96%
Default Re: Zonecoach, help I am confused

Quote:
Originally posted by pianokat73
HI zone coach

I am extremely confused. I have been on protien power for a week and I am liking it so far. I am not over doing it on extra's and I started to work out today...

I'm sorry, but I know nothing about protein power, so I won't be able to help in any sort of comparisons. I was a WW years ago and know a little about Atkins.
Good to hear you're working out.
Cardio revs your metabolism for several hours afterwards
Resistance/strength training revs your metabolism for 48 hours.

Quote:
Can you help explain the zone in the easiest simplest kindergarden terms for me. I should be able to find it in the library right?

Yes, you should be able to find at least one of the 9 Zone books at the library. To be honest, they can be very overwhelming. I would suggest PURCHASING 'A Week in the Zone' ~ a small paperback. It's easy to follow.
In a nutshell; the Zone is about controlling insulin. Dr. Sears has a family history of heart disease. That is why he developed the Zone. It is not about quick weight loss.
Most people find it:
Reduces or eliminates cravings
Controls diabetes, often reducing or eliminating insulin
dependency.
Lowers cholesterol
Increases energy
Reduces body fat
Increases mental clarity
Reduces or eliminates chronic pain

In reality, all "diets" will work for the short term. Ultimately, they are about caloric reduction. The Zone is something you can do for life. There is no induction period and no foods are off limits. The Zone controls insulin (and other hormones). Excess insulin is stored as fat. Yes, there are "favorable" and "unfavorable" foods, but you choose the ones that work best for you ~ those that "keep YOU in the Zone". You know you are in the Zone when you are not hungry, have clear mental focus and energy. Scientifically, there's a lot more too it. I would be happy to answer your questions.