View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-17-09, 09:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237/200/180 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Christmas Goal Met

For many years my weight sat between 180 lbs and 190 lbs. It didn't seem to matter how much I dieted or worked out. It just kind of stayed there. In 2004 I lost about 25 pounds on Weight Watchers but even while still following the plan it came back on with a vengeance. Shortly thereafter, I had an episode of major depression and was put on high doses of SSRI's. Then I got pregnant and we had our first child. I was off the anti-depressants now but I nursed for ten months. I had a friend tell me that nursing was the best diet she ever went on. All I could do was watch the pounds continue to pile on even while following the Weight Watchers plan for Nursing Mothers. I reached my breaking point at 237 pounds last January when I decided to give LC a try.

I did Atkins from January to April and lost 20 pounds. Then I maintained through the summer, if only because even my "cheating diet" looked more like an Atkins maintenance diet. In September I decided it was time to start losing again. With the support of my family I began again the week after my daughter's second birthday.

My goal was to be 200 lbs or less by Christmas. It is December 17 and I saw the scale dip to 200 lbs this morning. I feel great. We had family portraits taken last week and I was so thrilled with how I looked! My husband who also has a weight problem after taking prednisone for a time started induction this week (his first diet), inspired by me!

I'm not finished yet, but I have to take some time to decide on a next goal. I will keep losing in the meantime. I may even break the 197 point before the New Year. That would take me out of an "obese" BMI and make it an even 40 pounds in 2009!
Sponsored Links