View Single Post
  #178   ^
Old Mon, Dec-07-09, 13:50

Plan: hcg
Stats: 216/154.6/145 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 86%

I've been reading a while, and have been zero carb for five or six weeks now... thought I would introduce myself. I'm a stay at home mom to four daughters, ages 6,5,3 and 7 months. I have fallen easily into zero carb... the occassional cheese and cream, and I'm not a coffee drinker. I haven't had the huge weight loss, My first month I gained and lost the same two pounds. I am giving it time, as I'm still new to this. My only struggle has been with cooking and family meals, as my husband is not even low carb, and I'm the cook.

Socially has been weird. We don't go out to eat too much, but at Thanksgiving I just ate turkey, and was nearly ridiculed by my mother in law, but that will likely settle itself. We'll be spending a few days with her after Christmas, and I hope she's respectful.

I'm moving my daughters to my way of eating, but that will be a slow road. My 7 months old will, of course be the easiest. As a matter of fact, at her four month check up, the pediatrician told me that using rice cereal as the first food is no longer recommended (this has changed since having my three year old!) and now they recommend going straight to meat! Wow!

I've enjoyed reading the thread... and I'm not on too much, but wanted to stop lurking and say hi!