Old Sun, Dec-06-09, 22:47
Wag more, bark less.

Plan: Meat.
Stats: 216/149/145 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMiller26
It would be nice if there was some sort of chart that said "eat this, don't eat that. Do this, don't do that." I'm not the kind of person that does very well just winging it. I like structure.

I can understand this. I think it's a close relative of the reason I like "that other forum"--I also respond well to structure and strictness. So, it's not really my place to do this, but I'll suggest a chart:

Fatty meat.
Water.
Eat when hungry.
Stop when full.

I know that's part of the problem: there's no portion sizes, or number of times per day, or anything like that. I try to consider that part of the "discipline," so to speak: I'm learning to listen to my body, since it's obviously so much smarter than my brain. The discipline is in consciously trying to be aware of my physical instincts, and in restraining my urge to dictate according to some external schedule. I can't control my bile secretion or my brain waves, so I'm trying to not boss my appetite around, either. Like most things, it's hard at first, but it's doable. And totally worth it.

P.S. I eat butter and eggs, too, but always and only with fatty meat, never alone. I just wanted to keep the chart simple.