View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Nov-26-09, 13:29

Plan: paleo-ish
Stats: 482/400/240 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

Quote:
It was the idea that I'd never, ever be able to have a 'cheat' once in rare while out at a restaurant or for some special occasion. It's not like I'd do this very often in the first place, but I honestly felt like the choice to do so or not had been taken away from me. It's not like I ever get to decide if I'm going to stay on plan or not at a particular restaurant or at someone's house for dinner or what have you. This isn't willpower - it's something that is necessary for my health.

I really hate the not having a choice thing. I'm still mourning cheese bread. Because gluten free bread is ok, but cheese is never going to be ok again and there are just no good cheese substitutes.

Quote:
The food intolerance/allergy issue has been the HUGEST problem for me, b/c if I could just dive into lc junk (well, not even necessarily "junk" like heavy cream if you can handle it) artificial crap and all I think it would be better than binging on pasta and be much much easier to get rid of after the fact, y'know? I clearly have some emotional issues with food, but the physical ones make everything SO much harder to deal with.

I wonder now how many of us have weight issues and emotional issues because we started with food sensitivities? Its been hell figuring out what foods I'm sensitive to.

Quote:
What do you want to bet I have a problem with gluten as well as dairy since it is ALWAYS wheat that is hardest to get past, I can have a bit of potato (like on dr. K) and be fine, or sweet potato, or even rice, but pasta, baking pastry/sweets and other gluten-y things just make me do stupid stupid things.

I'd bet that you're right. Gluten is the most evil. Giving it up *forever* has been really, really difficult. I'm still pretty not-happy about it. But I've also seen the first health benefits and weight progress I've had in years from giving it up.