View Single Post
  #143   ^
Old Tue, Jun-30-09, 17:01

Plan: Mostly carnivory
Stats: 145/145/145 Male 5'11'' (feet and inches)
BF:
Progress: -20%

Quote:
"High vitamin D intake is associated with brain lesions in elderly subjects, possibly as a result of vascular calcification (Payne et al., 2007).

Quote:
This always has me in fits of hysterics to think anyone can have been taken in by such a dumb piece of research. Now think why would anyone conduct a study spending hundreds of $ on MRI scans and not use a cheap $40 25(OH)D test to show what status those people actually had. Diet only represents 10% of your vitamin D intake. Only a fool would assess vitamin d status from a food diary. You will have to do better than that if you want me to stop laughing at you.
Agreed. Additionally, those of us who are more well versed in traditional diets and Price & Masterjohn's research are aware of the synergistic protection provided by the other fat soluble nutrients, namely vitamins A & K2, both of which are shown to protect against inappropriate calcification in the system in the presence of even very large doses of vitamin D. It isn't just D toxicity or 'high D', it's an imbalance of the other synergistic nutrients that causes the negative affects of too much of one individual vitamin or nutritional substance. (I know I sound a little like a broken record). Please try to cast your gaze past these vacuum studies.