Registered Member

Plan: Dr Dahlqvist's
Stats: 205/152/160 Male 69
BF:
Progress: 118%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lere
From the Vitamin D council website:-
"When researchers went to an Italian nursing home, they found that 99 of 104 residents had no detectable vitamin D in their blood,"

Bad news for these people ?

All of the 104 resident were over 98 years old!

I hate to think what would have happened if they'd been keeping their vitamin D levels 'normal' or, God forbid, at 137.5nmol/L.
Indeed it is possible to keep people alive and in pain and needing 24hr care without any cognitive ability or physical energy. Such is the miracle of modern medicine we can achieve and maintain live without any quality whatsoever.

Quote:
"High vitamin D intake is associated with brain lesions in elderly subjects, possibly as a result of vascular calcification (Payne et al., 2007).
This always has me in fits of hysterics to think anyone can have been taken in by such a dumb piece of research. Now think why would anyone conduct a study spending hundreds of $ on MRI scans and not use a cheap $40 25(OH)D test to show what status those people actually had. Diet only represents 10% of your vitamin D intake. Only a fool would assess vitamin d status from a food diary.
You will have to do better than that if you want me to stop laughing at you.

Quote:
Genetically modified mice with high vitamin D levels show signs of premature aging: retarded growth, osteoporosis, atherosclerosis, ectopic calcification, immunological deficiency, skin and general organ atrophy, hypogonadism, and short lifespan (Tuohimaa, 2009).

Higher serum vitamin D concentrations are associated with longer leukocyte telomere length in women

It would be helpful if you could provide clickable links to the research you are relying on.