Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by awriter
IWith that, I made:
-- A pound of mascarpone
-- Two quarts of the most amazing yogurt
-- A pound of cultured butter - incredible!
-- 4.5 quarts of cocoa coconut ice-cream

Gosh, all these sound too good to be true. I adore mascarpone. I can see I may have to start learning how to make some cheeses myself. I adore mascarpone, and it's awfully expensive at Whole Foods (which is the only place I have ever seen it).

I have made homemade yogurt recently using organic half-and-half, and that was amazingly yummy.

I also bought a large container of Stonyfield full-fat yogurt and drained it over a large bowl to capture all the whey which I use for lacto-fermented foods. But the remaining 'yogurt cheese' that was left after all the whey drained out was pretty awesome too. I polished that off in a few days! (back before OD when I was still eating all the protein I wanted).

But you know? It's *darn hard* to find decent full-fat yogurt of any sort in any supermarket. But at least you can usually find it somewhere here in NJ! In summer of 2007 when I was on my annual trip to Canada I was so depressed at my food choices. I wanted yogurt. There are only two supermarkets within a 40-minute drive of where I go, and neither had any "real" yogurt - just nasty frankenyogurts with about 30 ingredients listed. At least by summer 2008 I found one of the stores carried *one* brand called something like 'Balkan-style' yogurt that was actually the real thing.

I think I'll be having my mozzarella omelet for breakfast today, and more of my chicken liver pate with crackers for lunch. Dinner will be reheated moussaka. That's delicious stuff! Ground lamb, eggplant, tomato, onion, that little hint of cinnamon that gives moussaka its special taste, and topped with cream cheese. The cream cheese did not melt and spread over the top so I think next time I will soften the cream chese more and mix with about a 1/2 cup of heavy cream, so I can spread it evenly across the top of the casserole.

I'm trying to drink more water too. I usually do drink quite a bit, at least 2 liters daily. I can't quite see myself doubling that, but I'm trying to bump it up to 3 liters. I did manage 3 liters yesterday. I also dropped a pound this morning. Hmm, could that be related?