View Single Post
  #174   ^
Old Sun, Apr-12-09, 20:21

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

Lisa - One month? I've been following his advice, with tweaks to avoid gluten, casein & soy, for four years. I think you'll find that you may need to tweak it too, over time. The protein levels may be fine for sedentary people, but for those carrying around a lot of extra weight (not you), or doing a lot of exercise or manual labour, that a "normal"-framed person may need to use the larger frame size as a guide (when first starting out, since every step is like heavy weight lifting), and a bed-ridden normal-frame person may do better using the "small" frame size (since these are only variables that Calculus Victus lets you change easily). Tweaking carbs may also be necessary, depending on how carb-sensitive you are (more than 40g net sends me on a BG roller coaster, but then more than 20g net takes me out of ketosis). The very high fat levels have been the key to my success, after 35 years of HC & LC failures. Like you, I was shocked to find that eating more fat (& 1900-2000 calories), rather than cutting back (below my 1350-1450 cal "diet" levels), was what got my metabolism moving & normalizing, something I had never thought possible. I was planning to give up dieting entirely until I decided to try one last approach that I'd never tried - more food & more fat!

What works best for me in maintenance is P+10%/F/C-10%.

Dr. K's Polish website tells you to not to count vegetal protein toward P, and all his charts show total carbs (not net carbs), so I've always assumed that is part of why his (and Barry Groves') carb allotments are higher than the Eades' or Atkins' post-2001. Other than eating 300-500 more calories of fat per day, my net carbs and animal protein levels are very similar to what I was eating on PPLP, but being frugal, I never ate huge amounts of animal protein.