Old Sun, Apr-12-09, 15:16
Registered Member

Plan: Kwasniewski Ratios
Stats: 225/158/145 Female 65
BF:53%/24%/20%
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizKitty
I would love to try this also, if I can figure out what to eat.

Karen, I hope by now you've gotten lots of food options from this thread. If you need more, let me know.

Quote:
Stalled for a year - stalled at 20-30 pounds above goal - describes me to a "T" too. Complicating things is I'm diabetic, so I worry about keeping the carbs down enough to keep my blood sugar down. There's never going to be a climb up the carb ladder for me. But I eat a LOT of protein (last night my entree was a huge steak and my side with that was some rotisserie chicken - LOL!) and if that's converting to glucose, then I'm not eating as LC as I think I am.

Nor are you, according to Dr. K, helping your diabetes much. Upping your fat/calories a lot, while eating the right amount of low carb (just enough to keep you out of ketosis) and probably cutting your protein consumption in half will truly help you become more insulin sensitive. And yes, your post indicates that it's the high protein, low fat/calories that have you stalled exactly where you are.

Quote:
there tends to be a difference in opinion between Eades and Bernstein on how much protein can and should be eaten. (Eades much higher)

Really? With a career built on Protein Power?

Quote:
I've tended to go with Eades, since his was the answer I liked better. Denial is more than just a river in Egypt.

Been there, done that. Will no doubt visit again.

Quote:
For the past few months, I've been trying to get the calories way down, and Fitday tells me I'm eating on average
Calories 1,387
Fat 92.9g 59 %
Carbohydrate 42.4g (net 29) 11 %
Protein 111.5g 30 %

Even with the calories this low, I haven't been losing.

Nope. Nor will you. Aside from the fact that you're eating about a third of the fat you need, and twice the amount of protein -- your body thinks you're living on a desert island and starving. Since it cares far more about survival than your mirror, it will continue to produce more insulin than you need so it can store more of what you do eat as fat. This is not a good cycle to be in. Were you able to download the Calculus Victus onto your computer so you can see what nutrient proportions will work for you?

Lisa