View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-09, 23:42

Plan: OWL
Stats: 177/168/135 Female 5'1"
BF:50.5/38/25
Progress: 21%
Default I've done a 180!

I'd been mosying along, eating low carb for quite a while, when all of a sudden, about a week ago, my body and/or my mind just rebelled. The thought of eating flesh just disgusted me. I just couldn't face the idea of another meal comprised of cooked animal and salad. And I've been eating vegetarian (not LC) since then.

I deliberately went to the store for whole grain bread. I made a chickpea salad. I've been eating peanut butter sandwiches (always also spread with either butter or mayo, so it doesn't stick to the roof of your mouth, and accompanied by LC sweet pickles). I even bought basmati rice, which normally doesn't appeal to me, but it seemed like the appropriate accompaniment for cauliflower curry, raita with cucumber, and (LC) cranberry chutney. I've had hot chocolate. I've made tomato bisque. I made a sort of Chinese soup with cabbage, tofu, scallion, cilantro, ginger, red peppers, and a little rice. This morning, I had a gala apple for breakfast.

Several days later, another trip to the store yielded Morningside Farms grillers, Trader Joe's chicken-less Buffalo Wings, Tofurky slices, steel cut oatmeal, organic carrots, romaine, microgreens, guacamole, black bean taquitos, and white beans in sofrito.

I don't know how long this is going to last. This has happened to me before, although I never seem to be able to eat a vegetarian diet for very long. I've read a number of books that advocate it, and I've also read Atkins, Eades, Taubes, and more, and came to the conclusion that humans were at the top of the food chain, and that eating flesh and fat is healthy. But I also am revolted by the practices used in factory farming of animals. What we feed them. How we treat them. So I always buy free range, vegetarian-fed flesh, eggs and dairy products, organic if possible. Or do without.

Lately, I've been doing without. I just don't want it. I threw out some taco meat, and the steaks and chicken wings that had languished in my fridge for 10 days. Snack packages of fried pork rinds do not appeal.

Haven't been very hungry anyway, been eating 1 or 2 meals a day.

I haven't gained any weight, but I haven't lost any, either.

Has anyone been successfully doing LC and then suddenly felt they just couldn't even look at another piece of meat?
Sponsored Links