View Single Post
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-08, 09:23
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

Thanks for the idea, Alisa. And for tracking down my gym journal! It's been a while since I used it. Maybe I will track what I'm doing here.

I definitely like that legs are only done once a week. I think that's probably good for me. And I like the big compound movements and that there isn't too much of them.

I know I'm bastardizing some, but I hope I'll catch most of the benefits of his system if I do his weights, my running for the cardio, call my Saturday fitness class & throw in one more DVD workout a week for the circuit stuff. For the alactic, this is the first I've heard of it, but it basically sounds like HIIT. I like HIIT and I find it does help improve my running, so I could switch out my speed work run once a week for a HIIT type thing on the treadmill.

I like that there is a bunch of different stuff in there.

Thanks, Alisa!

So, let's plan this out a little:

M - circuit - DVD & easy run
T - lifting - legs
W - steady run
R - day off
F - HIIT & lifting - chest & back
S - circuit - fitness class
Su - long run

Hey, I think I got it all in there, in the right order, no overlap of no-no's for combining the workouts, no running two days in a row (except the easy run Monday) which is a requirement of mine to work around my knee problem.

And that means that they run I was planning on the treadmill at lunch is actually a HIIT workout on the treadmill today. Cool, I like running fast on the treadmill! I'll do chest & back at home tonight. Perfect.