Old Wed, Aug-13-08, 13:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvieK
This is an interesting point. I'm 51 and all my life periods have been regular (usually right on the full moon). I just officially missed my first period and over a month "late." But for the past three years I've had hot flashes and much heavier periods.

I'm going on my 7th month of low-carbing, staying at or near induction levels. The problem I've had recently is that for the past month since I missed my period I've had nearly constant and sometimes severe menstrual cramps -- but no period to relieve the cramps -- and other PMS symptoms, e.g. bloating and extreme irritability. I wish I could do something to alleviate this and maybe bring on the period, but I don't know what might help. If anyone has suggestions, I'd appreciate them.

An excellent book to have on hand is Susun Weed's book on menopause (her books listed on susunweed.com; they usually have her books in stock at Whole Foods). Many symptoms are discussed and a variety of homeopathic, herbal, and alternative remedies suggested. I've tried many things she's recommended that worked well.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but is there any possibility you could be pregnant? It's happened to many a PCOSer, as they LC they are actually balancing their hormones (many for the first time) and often manage to get pregnant when fertility treatments have failed them!

True!