View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-08, 14:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/241/170 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Update

Well I did fine on NOW Candida Clear, no side-effects from the garlic and I have been feeling amazing! Within days of stopping the antibiotics and starting the supplements my energy shot through the roof and my whole emotional outlook has changed. No more mood swings, I don't feel so stressed out, brain fog - GONE! Very dramatic change.
Possible reasons for this:
direct side-effect of the antibiotic
B vitamin deficiency due to candida (it prevents proper absorption of B)

I have run out of the Candida Clear, so I am doing Olive leaf, Cat's Claw, Echinacea and Oil of Oregano right now and will start on Candida Clear in another week (cycling). Tongue looks good but I have yet to do the spit-test.. I will report.

As for my skin - it's looking better than it has in years, I have been taking 10g of B5 (pantothenic acid) + sugg. dose of a complete B vitamin daily but also following Daniel Kern's regimen with 2.5% benzoyl peroxide on my face (see http://acne.org - free information using OTC products, it helped me a lot!). I have a few small surface blemishes but no cystic acne and the lesions heal very fast. Come to think of it, I used to have little red dots on my arms (Keratosis Pilaris) - they are MUCH diminished and barely noticeable.

So, things have been great!

Alane