Old Sat, Jun-28-08, 21:21

Plan: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Stats: 212/162/155 Male 68 "
BF:32/23.5/23.5
Progress: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbUgh
I don't knot very easily.

Since the discussion evolved to wine and alcohol, I thought it important to mention that 1) wine is not appropriate for controlling BG levels and 2) wine or alcohol drinking + very low carb + insulin could equal trouble. Bernstein covers this in "Diabetes Solution," but obviously, not everyone here had read it.

in reference to your #1 comment...

perhaps it is not appropriate for a type one to drink red wine to control BG levels, but studies have shown that a little red wine can help control BG levels for a type 2.....

ref: http://www.dlife.com/diabetes-news/...p_regulate.html

in reference to your #2 comment....

life + insulin use could equal trouble
--------------------------------------------
I would think anyone using insulin would have to use total caution with each and every usage, as any mistake can be fatal. I know insulin is necessary in many cases, but it requires a lot of precision and knowledge to use it appropriately and I gather that from your posts and the posts of many other insulin users, as well as information on insulin that I've read.

If I've learned one thing from being diabetic for 11 years (that makes me just a beginner by some standards, I suppose) is that keeping my BG numbers as steady as possible has many benefits in my achieving physical and mental health. If my diabetes progressed to the point that I am insulin dependent, from what I've learned so far, I'd hope that I would find the wisdom to give up alcohol consumption.

wine/alcohol drinking + insulin equals yo-yo Blood sugars... That's a game that should probably not be played............. but, many people do, don't they?