View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, May-22-08, 19:20

Plan: ketogenic neandrathin
Stats: 254/212/155 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default btu

Thanks Tammay. It wasn't much of a stretch for me to go veg. I love animals, have two wonderful pups, and it breaks my heart to see how factory farms abuse animals. I did paleo before. Felt good on it but my conscience bothers me too much to keep eating meat for now. I do buy free range eggs. I love soymilk...only the silk unsweetened so far. I add cinammon, nutmeg, vanilla and a bit of stevia. Yum. It's like eggnog to me.

I also eat fish so I'm technically a "peschotarian???" LOL not such good spelling I guess. Do you know if B 12 is in eggs and fish?

Also I make a whey protein shake (maybe I'll go soy someday) w/2T peanut butter, 1 c soymilk, a bit of stevia and 3 cubes of ice. Whir it in the blender......I am addicted to peanuts and peanut butter!

I don't eat any sieten, tempeh, or frozen fake meat products....They look tempting but the wheat gluten, salt and some other ingr don't agree w/me (btw I noticed one had partially hydrogenateds in it...what a surprise! I thought people ate those because they want to be healthy.)

I'll go hunt for the thread you mentioned...hope I can find it. If not I'll try and get back to you for a link.

This is kind of my last best stab at getting the cholesterol and bp in line and losing weight outside of going completely raw.
Terry