Thread: health benefits
View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-20-08, 06:06

Plan: ketogenic neandrathin
Stats: 254/212/155 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 42%

My cholesterol and blood pressure improved doing low carb w/meat but is still not where it consistently needs to be. Somewhat due to weight and somewhat do to heredity. My main reasons for making the switch is that I've stalled it seems permanently so I'm wanting to see if this helps the weight loss. Also its been bothering me to eat what the factory farms are producing.....lots of press on their treatment of animals this past year in Ohio. I am needing to watch my blood sugar level so I'm being sure to include protein w/everything I eat.

BTW I'm wondering if you include dairy and eggs....

This is my tweaked version of low carb veg....suggestions are appreciated!

First, I'm not using the frozen prepared meat substitutes like burgers as they have wheat gluten (allergy here), too much salt (hypertension) and some of the ingredients I'm not wanting to eat. Also limiting the dairy and aiming for the lower glycemic/lower carb choices as I am borderline diabetic.

Breakfasts:
3 T ground flax seed w/hot water, a small handful of raw walnuts, cinammon, nutmeg, vanilla and stevia

or flax seed cereal w/a side of free range eggs

or an omelet filled w/steamed veggies and herbs w/a light sprinkle of hard cheese

or a protein drink made w/fresh strawberries

1/2 tart apple w/crunchy peanut butter and silk unsweetened soy milk

Lunches and Dinners:

any of the "breakfasts" or

Protein: tofu, unsweetened soy milk, free range eggs, ocean caught wild salmon, tuna or raw nuts, 1/3 - 1/2 c beans

Vegetables: salads, stir fry or steamed lower carb veggies

etc....

unsweetened soy milk for a snack w/a stir of cinammon, nutmeg, vanilla and stevia
lower gly fruit w/a handful of raw nuts
avocado half w/salsa and a dollop of plain silk soy yogurt
romaine lettuce leaf rollups w/tuna, egg or tofu salad or beans w/salsa and shredded cheese
artichokes, salad, feta, black olives
edadame (sp?) w/feta, basil, 1/2 tsp dried cranberries (high carb but a little is ok i think) and vinegarette
cabbage/bok choy/onion stir fry w/walnuts