#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-03, 15:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/150.5/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 38%
Question Question re: Maintenance & Stalling

Hi everyone.

I have a question re: maintenance and stalling. I am still breastfeeding my 2 year old daughter, although it is clearly for comfort on her part and not nutrition... and she certainly isn't BF like a newborn. Currently it is only at nap and bed times. Nevertheless, I was told to be totally "safe" and not pass on potentially harmful ketones in my milk to go on the maintenance plan. I was told the weight would come off, albeit much slower, which is fine by me. I needed to cut out sugar anyway as we have a history of diabetes in our family. (BTW, I did Atkins 3 years ago before getting PG and started with Induction, etc. and did quite well on it. So I know low carbing does work for me.)

To make a long story short, I started the maintenance right before Christmas (everyone said I was nuts, but I needed something to keep me motivated from diving into the apple pie!). I have kept my carb intake to between 50-70 a day-- what I have read is considered maintenance. Anyway, I lost 2 pounds the first week, a pound and a half the second week, and now I gain a 1/2 pound one day, lose it the next, etc. etc. It's driving me nuts. I'm wondering if I should be trying to cut my carbs back a bit more since it seems like I am stalled. Or am I? Is this "normal" for jumping right to maintenance and not doing the induction?

Thank you, in advance, for your comments.

Jill in Sunny Phoenix, AZ
Sponsored Links