Old Mon, May-05-08, 11:34
Grease is the word!

Plan: PSMF/IF
Stats: 236/181/180 Male 72 inches
BF:disappearing!
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleH
But if I'm losing .3 pound of muscle a day, as he indicated could happen, which certainly explains my loss each day here lately, then I'm most certainly alarmed.
I doubt muscle can be lost in the absence of persistent hunger on a LC diet.
Quote:
And remember from a past post that a normal blood sugar represents only about a teaspoon of sugar dissolved in the entire blood volume, so keeping the blood sugar normal for a day or so doesn’t require a whole lot of muscular sacrifice. If we figure that an average person requires about 200 grams of sugar per day to meet all the needs of the glucose-dependent tissues, we’re looking at about maybe a third of a pound of muscle per day, which isn’t all that big a deal over the first day. But we wouldn’t want it to continue.-ME
Good article, but when fasting for 24 - 48 hrs the protein needed to make glucose comes from reserves, mainly blood plasma. I understand muscle is used as a last resort.

As far as the amount of fat that can be burned in a day, I would say none without a calorie defect or if glycogen is available. Under ideal losing conditions? I am not sure anyone knows-- again it may be an individual issue.