View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-08, 10:11
Registered Member

Plan: who knows
Stats: 337/204/180 Female 67 inches
BF:100% pure
Progress: 85%

I switched, and my weight loss restarted. I was undereating protein by 20 - 30% on Atkins and after making the change my overall caloric intake dropped and my fat intake dropped. I didn't try to decrease either the fat or the calories, that happened on its own when I increased the protein.

I eat 100 - 110 g protein on average (the PPLP chart calls for 102g with my stats). I have to pay attention to what I am eating to meet that level.

The carb content of my diet increased to an average of 35g net per day, but I was still in ketosis. The biggest change was where I got my carbs from -- peaches, yogurt, winter squashes, melons, some carbier veggies (in small portions) came back into my menus. I experienced no cravings from this. I am currently doing PPLP maintenance, and I occasionally have some sweet potato or a pear. Again, no cravings.

I do want to point out since I said my fat levels decreased that this is not something one has to do, nor is it something that happens for everyone. Deirdra does PP and her fat intake is high. PP is *not* low fat.

I recommend you give it a try and see how you like it. You might be happier on PP, you might find you prefer Atkins, or you might find you prefer a blend -- PP levels of protein, Atkins Induction levels of carbs, with the type of carbs not being restricted to Induction or OWL rung choices.