View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-25-08, 01:44

Plan: low carb healthy
Stats: 132/121.0/110 Female 154 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default NYC - tips and insider info for an aussie traveller?

Hey,

Well I am in love with NY (although I have only been there for a day when I was 12! the rest is just really what I know from books, tv and movies (I know, I know!)) It has always been my 'thing' to live and work in NYC.

I am finally getting there at the end of this year - unfortunately not to live but for a holiday. My plan is to spend 3-4 weeks in NYC and Christmas with my rellies in Oregon. I will be travelling alone but I'm looking forward to the adventure!

So, any tips? I am unsure whether to go to NY for a few weeks prior to Xmas (so I get to experience the shop windows, and the festivities - you american's do christmas so wonderfully) and then to Oregon, or whether to do the trip the other way around - go to Oregon first and stay for Xmas then to NY in time to spend NYE in times square. Suggestions?

I'd love to go to Nashville and Memphis too but will be travelling on a limited budget so unfortunately probably won't get to do too much.

Any ideas of how to do NYC on a budget? What should I see and do, to feel like a New Yorker? Where is decent, but cheaper accomodation? What areas should I avoid as a lone female traveller?
And what sort of prices would I expect to pay for a flight from NYC to Portland over there? I suspect it would be a bit cheaper to book that flight from there rather than from Aust, but then again maybe not.

Sorry, I know this is nothing to do with low carb, but suggestions anyway?

Thanks!!
Shannon
Sponsored Links