Old Tue, Apr-08-08, 02:31
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Dahlqvist's
Stats: 205/152/160 Male 69
BF:
Progress: 118%

Quote:
Originally Posted by awriter
They were perfectly healthy teeth the dentist said - sheared off by... STRESS and grinding in her mouth! The dentist said that in all her years of practice she had *never* seen anything like it.

When I heard that, I begged her to get herself into therapy to deal with what I then realized must be a veritable stress mountain - but after seeing this video I will re-double my effort. Thank you so much again for your reply - you just may have saved a life.

Lisa
Perhaps it would be useful for your friend to read this information on Magnesium and Bruxism (tooth grinding)
Dr McCleary suggests an anti excitatory cocktail to calm the nerves. This is to be taken twice daily and includes 400mg magnesium (malate or taurinate though I have found magnesium citrate is also well absorbed) so that represents 800mg daily. As magnesium is a laxative it may be worth working up to that amount over a few weeks though I have had no problems. Another idea would be to soak in a bath of epsom salts or mangesium chloride. It will be taken up transdermally and thus avoid the runs.