View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-13-07, 13:12

Plan: Non Specific - Just LC
Stats: 188/163/130 Female 5'4"
BF:46.65%/37.7%/23%
Progress: 43%
Default Peanut Butter Balls

So I've been meaning to try and make some kind of peanut butter balls and I finally did a few nights ago.

I simply mixed equal (ok, I didn't measure, but it looked equal) parts of peanut butter, granulated splenda (I think it needed it for bulk and to thicken it up a bit, otherwise I normally use sweetzfree), and some shredded coconut. Rolled it into balls and then rolled them in the splenda. They tasted very good but needed to be refrigerated to firm them up a bit more.

Some variations I'm thinking of trying are:
- use chunky PB to add some extra crunch
- maybe mix in some other small pieces of nuts like almonds (again to add crunch or change the flavor a bit)
- Roll the PB balls in coconut or some crushed peanuts (or other nuts) or a mixture of nuts/coconut/splenda
- If I'm really adventurous I might freeze the pb balls, then melt a lindt bar and dip the pb balls in it.

Carb count: I don't know - depends on your ingredients, how much you use and what size you make your balls but with Christmas coming I don't care too much - it is just a gosh darn good (and easy) alternative to munching on regular high carb cookies and junk. I'm definately making some to bring with me where ever I go along with some other LC treats.
Sponsored Links