View Single Post
  #677   ^
Old Fri, Nov-09-07, 17:07

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 165/135.1/130 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:36%/27.5%/26%
Progress: 85%

Thanks, you guys! I am thrilled to be able to answer the question "How much have you lost?" with a nice, round "30 pounds"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
Good job Katrina!!

Tell us what you did to break through your stall.

Well, let's see. I think the most important thing I did was just to keep working the plan even when I wasn't getting results. It's tempting, when you're not losing, to think "I deserve a bite of brownie--depriving myself isn't doing any good, anyway." I just really resisted that kind of thinking, and focused on enjoying my SB friendly foods.

The other thing that helped, I think, was to take a hard look at what I was eating. Even though I was always eating allowed foods, I had let portion sizes creep up beyond what I needed to satisfy my hunger. The first clue was when we ran out of cheese one week and the scale finally moved. I had been eating nuts and cheese pretty much as I felt like it, so I started to measure those and even forego them altogether some days.

Also, I found I was going overboard even on the "unlimited" foods. For example, one of my favorite meals is something I call "broccoli bowl". I would fill a glass bowl with frozen broccoli, microwave it, sprinkle cheddar cheese and bacon crumbles on top, and eat the whole thing, probably 4-5 cups of broccoli! I've found that half that amount fills me up just fine when I'm not eating for taste alone. Same for the sauteed veggies and eggs I have most days for breakfast. Instead of a whole zucchini, a whole onion, and a whole red pepper,I cut them in half and save half for the next day. Still completely filling.

The other thing is that I've stopped eating at night--after about seven-thirty, I don't eat anything else, just drink my water (and sometimes diet Coke.)

I'm amazed how much more food I was eating than what I need. I guess I've joined the ranks of those who find that, when it comes to the last few pounds, serving size does matter, even for vegetables.

Anyway, I fully expect to hit another stall before I make it to goal, but I'm planning to stick in there anyway, even if it takes a while. And who knows? Maybe I won't stall. I guess the next few weeks will tell.