View Single Post
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Sep-02-07, 12:04

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
I worry that the 'if you're fat you can't work here' is coming....

Anything's possible but I don't think it to be likely. With 60% plus of the population falling in at least the 'overweight' category, that would leave a severe shortage of workers, don't you think?

Quote:
just like with losing weight, peope assume you can just quit eating the bad stuff or quit smoking.

When it comes down to it, it really is just that simple; change the behavior, make a better choice. Note, I said simple, not easy. Ultimately, it's my hand that picked up that pack of cigarettes, took one out, lit it and smoked it. Nobody was forcing me to do it. Every time, I had the choice to either smoke or not smoke and I continued to make the choice to smoke for 25 years. Now I make the choice every day to not smoke and I've been making that choice for going on 2 years. Same thing with my choices of what to eat; I buy the groceries and prepare the meals, so if it's not something I should be eating, I don't have anyone to blame for it but myself.
We all have reasons and excuses for the choices that we make, but at the end of the day, they were still our choices.