#23   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-07, 13:33

Plan: Ketogenic/Paleolithic
Stats: 310/179/175 Male 71
BF:44%/6%/5%
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KvonM
personally, i'm a little confused as to why you'd ask the question in the first place. this is a low-carb forum, not a low-calorie one, and it seems like you're trying to tell us that the only thing that matters in weight loss is the quantity of food you eat, not the quality..

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying KvonM! Case in point, I know that many people have seen the movie Super Size Me. Remember the guy that has eaten at least one Big Mac everyday for the last ... oh I can't remember exactly how many years. Anyway, was he obese? No. Would you say that the quality of food he eats on a daily basis is of a high standard? Uh, I don't think so. So, if quality is more important than quantity, why doesn't he look like Jabba the Hut? Well, for one his calorie burn is balanced. If it wasn't he would gain weight with the awful combination of refined carbs, sugar, and fat contained in just one Big Mac.

I'm sorry, but, as Ellis says in his book, no one is above the energy balance equation. As I've stated, you can lose 100 lbs without being strict about counting calories because I did; however, if you are suggesting that a person can achieve and maintain a low level of body fat percentage, then you are simply fooling yourself, and I challenge, as I will all naysayers to the this law, KvonM for you to reach your goal and send in a pix showing us your stomach, as I have done. Results speak louder than any criticism . . .