Old Sun, Feb-25-07, 02:13
Registered Member

Plan: Pure Carnivore
Stats: 130/165/200 Male 5' 11" still growing
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by capo
I had a blow out with my mom about joining a 'commune'..she says there were people in the 70s who tried to do the same thing (hunt and gather) and were losers..apparently people who join communes are seen as hippies.

So, I'm convinced by several articles now that living in the wild is not necessary in today's society to get plenty of good meat/organs, and have a meaningful life. And by her definition, I am not a worker but a thinker so I'd be of no use in a commune. I certainly don't want to be in a commune to be the child-bearer, eww..that would be a really sh*tty point of life..after all, humans are more than animals. We are thinkers and an intelligent species.

I'm trying to find what I want to do for a 'career', and my mom says I don't want to be a poor farmer, but then I tell her money doesn't matter to me. Well, it doesn't matter so long as I can have a meaningful life and get plenty of meat/organs and not be a 'hippy' my whole life. I don't want to work inside all my life, but there are very few jobs that are outside..that I could get by with. I guess I'm at that period in my life where I don't know what I want to do with my life, and I'm also willing to experiment.

meatzrus, going to live with Native Americans is not as good as you make it out to be. I have been told by someone who lived on a reservation their whole life that it is a poor life, there is little or no food in the house, and it's dirty with cockroaches crawling in the house. Just because it has the word 'native american' in it does not mean by any means that that particular reservation will be sticking to a traditional native american diet. As you have read, I'm sure, in Weston Price's Nutrition and Physical Degeneration, native americans tried to conform with the white diet; as a result they have developed rotten teeth and poor facial structures in many cases as well as diseases.

Being an intellectual, to me, is equally as important as being a carnivore. I'm willing to sacrifice eating normal food so I can see and feel healthy differences in my self and also to live longer, but I am not willing to run off to some native american commune and be stuck as my 'natural' role, a child-bearer, my whole life. How sad and pointless that would be.

Hi again, capo!

Forget modern society and its stereotypes- do what you want to do. If the civilized label you a hippie, so what? They're only wasting their breath perpetuating their game.

The women in primitive cultures had much more respect and importance, from what I've researched. The carriers of tradition and wisdom, the bearers of the next generation who will carry on the genetics- they served a vital role in society, arguably more important than men's role of provider. But women these days have been reduced down to a sex object, thanks to mainstream feminism. Also, we can't forget that our culture has been atomized under capitalism, thus reducing the woman's role further- cultural conditioning takes place in front of tv sets and in public schools, not in front of the child's mother like it should be.

Thanks to the feminist movement, women have been forced into trying to behave like men, when they simply aren't men. Since modern feminists try to emulate man's role in society so much, they have nothing feminine left to offer except sex. When a women naively refuses to be a caretaker and nurterer in a family relationship, then what left is there for the man to want in her besides sex? How's she going to help out otherswise? She can't hurl heavy spears like a man can, she can't load heavy logs onto a truck or cart, just like men can't take care of children like a woman can. These roles overlap to an extent, obviously- men will play with their kids, and women will do some light physical work, but ultimately we have our roles that we are just biologically designed for.

Men are best at doing most of the physical work, the analyical speculation, etc. while women are best at passing on tradition, nurturing our children, etc. Both can be intellectual in their own styles, as humans are inherently a thinking species, but ultimately we can't evade our "natural" roles. That's just the way our social-psychological structure has evolved. Women can put on a business suit in a sad attempt at rigid "equality", but they are really only doing their gender a disfavor by displacing what it means to be a female in society.

Call me a sexist, whatever, I only describe the reality, not an illusion of equality that most people think exists. Men and women are equal, sure, but we are different. You can't call a football a soccer ball, even if they are pretty much equal in value. You can't kick a football, and you can't spin throw a soccer ball.

Most people would label what I just wrote as conservative, but I find it funny how I don't even identify with conservative politics. I guess it's because I'm eclectic- I take various ideas that have the most empirical support from whatever ideology or group of thinking I want- anarchism, conservatism, whatever.

Anyways, I'm kind of at that point in my life too where I honestly couldn't tell you what I'll be doing in the next five years. I guess we'll find out soon enough.