View Single Post
  #132   ^
Old Sun, Feb-25-07, 02:02
Registered Member

Plan: paleoish
Stats: 150/150/150 Male 171cm
BF:
Progress:

Insoluble fiber is rough, soluble fiber is not.

Hmm, is there really toxins in ripe fruits (including berries) that are "meant" to be consumed by animals (in order to spread the seeds around)? Wild berries are as easily digested (by humans) as animal products. (Sugar isn't toxin). No, I'm not claiming we need plant products.

Liver, kidneys, and brains aren't very good sources of vitamin C in my opinion.. they contain about 15-30mg of C per 100g of organ.. atleast not those from land mammals. Adrenalin glands should be very good source, atleast according to Weston A. Price.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/karen.fe...heInuitdiet.pdf

It's pretty lenghty, but probably worth reading, very detailed (don't be scared by the france text in the beginning). I'm not completely sure, but I think it mentions that some Inuits believed that seal liver was very good source of C vitamin (and probably they were right in their belief, as it's wisdom derived from experience). One interesting important source is muktug (maktaak?), a skin and subcutaneous fat of Beluga whale. It's dynamic storing organ of many important nutrients, like selenium and vitamin C.