Old Tue, Feb-06-07, 00:27
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/ IF
Stats: 162/128/130 Male 175
BF:
Progress: 106%

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALEWIS
And these Alaskans would have been sucking in burning blubber fumes at least half the year.. Yes, I saw Eades' blog which I enjoy reading.

I think the degenerative effect of cooking/heating fire smoke on human health is so overlooked. It's certainly not just the Alaskans. The post neolithic humans (right up to the present day) who breathed in a lot of second hand smoke from their fires and their tobacco (or something else ) smoking brethren, and ate a high carb diet, and insulted their lungs with deliberately inhaled smoke, really had the odds stacked against them. That's why I think the CRonbie low calorie cult is such a dumb way to maximize longevity.

Give a human body, fresh air, enough sleep and equally importantly moderate (not restricted just 'moderate' -what a low carb diet does without even trying ) dietary intake of it's evolutionarily appropriate low carb diet, and the right mental attitude to stress so that it does not translate into cortisol elevation(it's such a myth that stress is necessarily bad, it's what you do with that stress that counts) and you get to live as long as physiologically possible - without looking like a stick insect for the duration.