View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-24-07, 09:15

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

Quote:

So far, I've got a set of dumbbells and a barbell with various weights, a rebounder and a fitness ball. I'm planning on getting a bench in the next week or so, and may also get an elliptical.

Any suggestions as to what I should get, would be much appreciated

Sounds great. You can work everything with what you've got there. You can use your fitness ball as a bench for lots of things.

Quote:

I don't actually have a work-out partner as such at my gym. There are several men who also weight train and are very often there when I am, and we will sometimes chat and help each other. What is noticeable though is that I am the only female who does lift weights ... the rest tend to stick to the treadmill or the stairmaster
Yes, it's pretty evident most women find serious weight training to be something they have no interest in. And that's fine. Hard for those of us who think it's wonderful to understand, however. I've always thought muscles were like a work of art, and strength gives such a feeling of power and confidence. I'm only interested in what can be developed naturally however. I think women who look like men with make-up look WRONG! But women who develop their muscles naturally are very beautiful. I'm glad the standard for competitions are going back to more the Cory Everson look. At least I've heard that is the case.

Quote:
Are you keeping a record of your progress here too?
Yes, actually I'm doing more with talking myself through this in my gym log here than anywhere else. I ask questions there and give updates, but here is where I talk mindlessly about how I'm feeling and what I'm doing.