View Single Post
  #46   ^
Old Sat, Dec-16-06, 10:22
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

I just found this explanation...is this what you mean?

Quote:
Here's a simple HIIT sample for the free-spirited aerobic bum; choose your weapon (spinner, treadmill, climber, outdoor jog and run) and plan on twelve minutes of output. Start an easy warm up for four minutes, stepping it up comfortably as the minutes progress. Body in motion and number one endorphins engaged, you now blast it (according to your dynamite stores and desired explosion) for thirty seconds and back off for thirty seconds, blast it for thirty and back off for thirty. Repeat this thirty-thirty interval for a total of six sets, that is, six minutes. The final two minutes are committed to a gradual decrease in intensity and cooling off. You have completed your cardio effort for the day.

If so I THINK I've already started doing something like that with the elliptical and bike. Instead of doing long cardio sets I warm up slowly, then push for 30-60 seconds...back off...then push again. I mean I haven't had a real plan of action for this, but I instinctively was thinking I'd get more out of the workout if I did "sprints" of a sort.

Bleachers...um...not so much...but I get the idea. I'm thinking if I can apply this to cardio equipment I have at home and at the gym that'd be great!
Sponsored Links