Old Mon, Dec-04-06, 13:09
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 194/000/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Not sure
Progress: 441%

Quote:
Originally Posted by santabarb
Excellent, Dina--You are really on top of it. I don't know how to go about locating a local farm that sells grass fed beef.

I don't know where are you in California but here is the listing on the ranches that sell grass fed beef and lamb in CA:
http://www.eatwild.com/products/california.html
I personally buy from Chileno Valley 3 rd year in a row, but they don't deliver so we have to pick it up. It is about an hour or so drive up North, so we don't mind. The beef has superioir taste, we buy a split qurter.This including parts from front and back, and also i bones that make delcious soups in winter.
Quote:
Which water filter did you install? I own $60 worth of polycarbonate (number 7) bottles I now know to be toxic!!!! Maybe I need the filter. Actually, I have one from Sears, and before that Culligan--but it costs a fortune to find a qualified plumber to repair any problems. Cheaper to buy new.

We use Purina from Costco, not too expensive, I hear people install reverse osmosis systems, which is it a bit too much IMHO. . I am not to fussy about filters, while chlorine is not our best friend, all filters remove most of the so much needed minerals. Most of magnesium in our supply used to come from water, not food. I belive we don't need "clean" water per se, but need "smart" water with adequate mineral content.

Quote:
Sparkling mineral water in glass for a large household might ruin us financially.

I understand it, I drink mineral warer with dinner only (when I don't have wine ), not just to make my daily quote. It is cost effective, especially if you have larger family.
I do not believe that we need to drink certain amount of water, expecially when not thristy, so I don't go overboard.