View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Oct-14-06, 17:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175.0/132.2/135.0 Female 5'6"
BF:less than before!
Progress: 107%

I tried to quit smoking many times.... I attempted to quit using the patch more than half a dozen times, but began smoking again; I used Zyban and gave in and started smoking a month later. I made countless cold turkey attempts, but barely made it a day or two.

Last year, my 50 year old uncle was dying from lung Cancer. He said he wished I would quit smoking and gave me his Allen Carr book which he read and quit smoking with when he was first diagnosed with Cancer. He passed away in March of last year, and I tucked the book away.

I was a smoker for 18 years, two packs a day. I started thinking I wanted to try to quit....again, so I pulled out my Allen Carr book and read it. This book convinced me that I could quit. I was amazed by how simply Allen Carr makes quitting appear to be. I was so disgusted with smoking before I even finshed the book. Oh yes, he was certainly brain-washing me with each page I read.

I have gained 5 lbs, but have been smoke free for 83 days! I highly recommend this book!