#73   ^
Old Thu, Mar-23-06, 09:10
Jen B

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
From the article Lynn posted: "You know, I could take this opportunity to really dump on those who have been incessantly slandering saturated fat all these years, but I won't, because some of my more sensitive readers might write me and accuse me of unfairly impugning the personal and professional integrity of these upstanding citizens. I could point out how many of these anti-saturated fat commentators have built their status and careers on a completely erroneous bunch of nonsense, but again, I won't, because, hey, that wouldn't be nice. I could also point out how their unbridled vitriol against these naturally-occurring fats has probably cost hundreds of thousands, even millions, of lives, but, gee, that wouldn't be a politically correct thing to do. Nope, I won't mention any of these things (or did I do just that...oops!)…all I will say is that next time you hear some misguided fanatic wailing on about the evils of saturated fat, run--straight to the nearest tub of butter!"
Widespread propaganda is like religious dogma. The masses seem to glom onto it in such a fervent way that any attempt by those who have "seen the light" to spread the truth and break down the rhetoric seems like a sacreligious act of mutiny deserving of punishment of death!

There's this young guy where I work that brings boiled eggs to eat for breakfast, but he throws the yolks away and eats only the whites. Every day, I see these lonely, precious, golden yolks in the trash in the kitchen area and I cringe at the utter insanity of it. Then, as I'm warming my three poached, whole eggs in the micro with substantial ghee melting on top and bacon alongside, he glances my way with a disgusted look that says: "you poor stupid, misguided soul." (This guy also brings hamburger helper for lunch made with tofu instead of beef! ) I think he's nuts and he thinks I'm nuts. There's a mental standoff. The gap is so huge, there's nothing to say to one another here.

This scenario is a microcosm of my life these days. So "outside the box," so alien, so "in the fringes." No need to explain, no purpose in trying to. The status quo is so formidable and cement-like. I take comfort in the way I feel and all the numbers: on the scale, on the blood pressure monitor, on the lab work. Waking up to the truth is such a lonely proposition!

Until, of course, I come to this forum and I can find all sorts of company and comraderie! Thanks, y'all, for being here!

The eggs with melted ghee blended in is incredibly delicious! Does anyone else have personal favorite ways of adding fat that prove especially delicious?? I sure could use some more ideas!