View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-06-06, 16:47

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 216/166/150 Female 60 inches
BF:45%/33.5%/28%
Progress: 76%

Bella...your menu looks great, although by my recollections and the rough counts I'm able to do from your stats and the activity level you listed, you'll need at least 80g of protein per day--maybe more. The eggs were 14g, the parmesan 8g, nuts maybe 6g, the 8 oz. of salmon around 54g...so 82g protein, plus the veggie dogs, which vary. The only thing I might have done was split the protein more evenly throughout the day to keep yourself fueled all day.

The thing is, at your age (28) and size (5'2") and only wanting to lose 5 pounds or so, you may need to pay more attention to portion sizes. I know you're happy to have discovered fats, and that's fine...but you do have to be a little bit more careful about them if your so close to your goal weight.

You are doing a LOT of cardio and relatively little strength training, and I'm wondering if increasing your lean muscle mass wouldn't be done more effectively by cutting the cardio to twice a week and adding in another session each of strength and yoga...

Each of us is different, but at this point just reshaping your body by tricking up your exercise may be more effective than trying to convince 5 lbs to leave through diet alone.