View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 20:42

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 216/166/150 Female 60 inches
BF:45%/33.5%/28%
Progress: 76%

Sandhya, this forum does run a little slow sometimes (I usually only check it once a week) so you do need to be a little patient about replies.

Is your husband exercising at all? Because if he doesn't really have a lot of weight to lose (and from the measurements you posted, he may not), then exercise is going to be key in elevating his metabolism and keeping him losing.

If he eats eggs as well as dairy, he could/should start incorporating more of them into his 'normal daily diet' as you described. There's also no reason he shouldn't be eating nuts, nut butters, small quantities of lentils, avocados, unsweetened coconut and coconut milk, etc. He really needs to be taking in more calories than what you described, and by taking in healthy fats like coconut oil and olive oil, he'll be doing himself good.

I make shakes from kefir, chocolate soy protein isolate from General Nutrition Center, cold coffee and a little bit of half and half and cinnamon. You can use any protein powder that tastes good (I just happen to like chocolate!) The proportions I use are 4 oz. kefir, 6-8 oz. cold coffee, 1 oz. of half and half, and a scoop of protein powder plus a dash of cinnamon, and I blend it up with a stick or immersion blender in a cup. Hope that helps.

Gaelen